About Local Government Directory
Primary objective of Local Government directory is to facilitate State Departments to update the directory with newly formed panchayats/local bodies,re-organization in panchayats, conversion from Rural to Urban area etc and provide the same info in public domain.
Key Features of Local Government Directory:
- Generation of unique code for each local government body - each local government body is assigned with a unique code.
- Maintenance of local government bodies and its mapping with constituting land region entities. For ex. gram panchayat mapping with villages.
- Facilitate to maintain State-wide General Election and By Election Process.
- Mandatory upload of Govt. order for each modification in the directory - to ascertain the users that the data published in LGD is authentic.
- Maintenance of historical data - when modifications take place in LGD, the old values/data is archived.
- Provision to maintain state specific local government setup.